Absolute BLACK Shimano DM XTR M9100 oval chainring - for 12-speed cranks and chains
Made In England
The oval absoluteBLACK chainring for Shimano Direct Mount XTR M9100 and XT M8100 also cuts a fine figure on the SLX M7100, XT M8120 and SLX M7120 cranks. It can also be used for the XTR M9120, MT900, XT M8130 and SLX M7130 cranks. It features the proven oval design by absoluteBLACK - for smoother pedalling with reduced knee stress and more traction. Note, however that this chainring may only be combined with Shimano Hyperglide+ 12-speed chains, i.e. CN-M9100, CN-M8100 and CN-M7100. The reason for this are different thicknesses and shapes of the teeth.
Dcbikes Product Features :
Colours : Black/Silver Gray/Gold
- developed using 3D CAD software, CNC-manufactured, anodised
- durable construction, dirt-repellent, low-noise
- excellent weight to stiffness ratio
- improved uphill traction and performance
- special narrow-wide-design (patent pending)
- outstanding quality and appearance
- faster riding with reduced knee load
- ideal chainline
- ovality and timing (110.5-116.3°) matched to chainring size (TDC technology, Top Dead Center)
- no chain guide required
Oval chainrings follow the natural physiology of humans. They maximise pedalling power the moment it is developed and minimise resistance when it is not. As a result, oval chainrings allow the rider to pedal more smoothly and stay loose on the climb.
In fact, your pedal stroke will feel " rounder" with an oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Advantages of Oval Chainrings
Compared to round chainrings, oval chainrings address more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The total load of pedalling is therefore distributed over a larger muscle mass and the knees are less strained.
This has three advantages: 1. The legs remain fresher and more relaxed. 2. You can go uphill faster. 3. Spreading the load over more muscles reduces the susceptibility to cramps, even with great effort. Ultimately this will increase your riding pleasure. For MTB applications, the rear wheel traction is increased on loose and slippery surfaces, allowing you to make better progress on demanding terrain.
Application: Cross Country, All Mountain, Enduro, Downhill
Mount: Shimano Direct Mount
Teeth: 30 t, 32 t, 34 t, 36 t
Type: oval 10.2 - 14.4 %
Chainline: depending on the crank
Material: aluminium (7075)
- Shimano XTR M9100, M9120, M9130
- Shimano XT M8100, M8120, M8130
- Shimano SLX M7100, M7120, M7130
- Shimano Deore M6100, M6120, M6130
- Shimano FC-MT900
- only compatible with Shimano HG+ 12-speed chains
- reuse original lockring from Shimano
Package Includes :
1 X New Absoluteblack Direct Mount Oval | 12 Speed HG+ For Shimano XTR M9100/XT M8100/SLX M7100 Crank
Buy Absolute Black Chain Ring, Components & Accessories From Dcbikes® Online Bike Store www.dcbikes.com.sg | Singapore's Best Choice For Mountain Bike, Bicycle Parts Components & Accessories Shop